Prev: Re: Jump Ships Next: [FT] Firing Arcs

Re: Jump Ships

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:52:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Jump Ships

>Okay, this is great.  I"m thining a thrust-2 ship that can carry (say)
8
mass
>33 thrust 4, cargo 20 ships.  Just add 4 pulse torps to the "drop
ships".....
>-Stephen

The Islamic Federation tends to use Thrust 1 or 2 tugs (often
requisitioned
civilian vessels) to carry their warships.  Two Thrust 1 ships are more
efficient (in terms of merchant runs) than on Thrust 2 ship of the same
hauling capacity.
IF warships tend to be Thrust 6, no FTL drives, and pretty dangerous for
their mass.  See my web page, but ignore the Turcoman missile variant at
the
moment--discovered a serious design defect.

Prev: Re: Jump Ships Next: [FT] Firing Arcs