Prev: Re: SW4 (and changing NI in the Tuffleyverse) Next: Re: Stargrunt/Dirtside

Re: Anyone use FB ships?

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen@m...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:45:45 +1000
Subject: Re: Anyone use FB ships?

At 08:18 PM 1/20/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>    I notice that a lot of the posters here use ships of their own
>>designs.  I was wondering if anyone actually uses the ships in the
Fleet
>>Book.  If so, how well do they work as fleets?  I've been considering
>>purchasing a fleet and would like some opinions on the ships.
>

>I wouldn't consider the NSL due to thrust.

I think people are dismissing the big thing on NSL.

There is nothing better then being able to scream out in a terrible
German
accent the orders, alerts and attacks. Sure you can annoy people with a
French accent, sound pompous with a pommie NAC or agaonizing with a
Yankie
NAC accent.

You can have the true okker accent for the OUDF (lovely ships) ships and
use a multitude of "mate"

The only one that comes close is the IF fleets with high pitched wails.

8-)

>NAC would be okay--sure they have enough ADFC and PDS among them; these
are
>often "variant" listings in the FB.  They are, however, aesthetically
>unappealing (other than as targets) due to the long, skinny necks which
>scream "shoot me here!"
>FSE LOOK the best by far.  A SLM armed fleet works if you're good at
>guessing your opponent's moves, it also has the potential for disaster.
>ESU are second in looks to FSE.  They strike me as a "middle of the
road"
>fleet.

		 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd Oceania Regiment
		  "He dosen't know what he wants.
			  He's Insane"
		email J.Stephensen@fbs.gu.edu.au

Prev: Re: SW4 (and changing NI in the Tuffleyverse) Next: Re: Stargrunt/Dirtside