Prev: Re: Anyone use FB ships? Next: Re: SW4 (and changing NI in the Tuffleyverse)

Alarishi cf OU

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:30:07 -0500
Subject: Alarishi cf OU

(BTW, what are the OU colors?)

>And there's the difference. The OU fleet, pitiful as it is, would
engage
>in a guerilla-style commerce raiding campaign against anyone other than
>one of the 4 major powers who claim-jumps. Usually in places nowhere
>near the territory under dispute. Often using covert or cyber-war
means.

Alarish would too, if it appeared cost effective.  The Emperor is not
likely
to expend a cruiser to defend a single family habitat, however, so
settlers
are encouraged to pick orbits within "safe" systems.

>I can also imagine the OU's relationship to the Alarishi empire to be
>rather schizoid. They'd be a) The fleet most likely to give active aid
>to any Alarishi system under attack, but b) Doing everything they can
>subvert any Alarishi system so that they can move in themselves.

Subvert?  Hey, move on in.  Our notion of territoriality is a little
skewed.
The main things we ask:
a) don't be a security threat;
b) pay our tax (flat 5% sales tax); and
c) recognize Imperial jurisdiction over Imperial citizens.
 The other basic conditions are  on our web site. (Note: be aware that
security risks are dealt with forcefully.  In one extreme case,
"forcefully"
included several kilos of antimatter in what used to be a 5000 person
habitat.  IBIS doesn't believe in half measures).

Prev: Re: Anyone use FB ships? Next: Re: SW4 (and changing NI in the Tuffleyverse)