Prev: Re: Stargrunt/Dirtside Next: RE: [Misc] A Modest Proposal

[SG2] Urban combat

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 00:55:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [SG2] Urban combat

Had an interesting SG2 game tonight, with a lot of buildings, including
for the first time a two-storey building. (I finally got around to
making
it...)

How do other people handle some of the oddities of multi-storey
structures? I'm speaking specifically of assaulting a squad that's not
on
the ground floor, and of shooting over smaller buildings.

For close assualting of second storey squads, we had a stop-gap rule
that
to get to the 2nd floor, you must get combat movement sufficient to get
you into the building _plus 4 inches_ to get you to the next floor. The
defenders got a +1 die shift for the entire assault. (see my webpage for
Bunker & Building rules for the +1 die shift idea)

For the second situation, we said that you can shoot over lower
obstacles,
but that they had a 'dead zone' behind their farthest wall equal to the
distance from the firer to the nearest wall. Thus, if my squad is on the
2nd floor and is 4" away from the nearest wall of a 1story bldg, they
cannot target units closer than 4" to the rear wall of that building.

How have other people dealt with these sorts of situations? All ideas &
comments welcomed...

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--

Prev: Re: Stargrunt/Dirtside Next: RE: [Misc] A Modest Proposal