Prev: Re: Unoffical Powers Page, was Re: A new power to deal with Next: Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here]

Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here]

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 23:46:34 -0500
Subject: Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here]

A quick cut & paste for combined effect, and....

At 10:54 PM 1/19/99 -0500, Los wrote:
>Aaron Teske wrote:
>> hear the new version is a step in the right direction.)  I'm talking
>> starship combat, not ground... I've only played one game each of DS
II and
>> SG II.  But the Imperial ships have whupped Indy's fleets several
times.

>But in the mega-campaign proposed by Tom I can see some Dirstdide and
SG
action
>for sure.

Well, yeah.  True.  I'd want a lot more practice, though, and besides I
don't think I'd seriously enter the Imperium into the Tuffleyverse.  Too
out-of-place, if kinda fun. ^_^

Besides, who says I agree with GW's "tactics"...?  Though the paint
scheme
on my vehicles isn't camoflage, although in the right terrain and
shadows/darkness it might not too *too* poorly. ^_^;
(http://www.hicom.net/~teske/minis/Epic.html, at the bottom.)

At 11:11 PM 1/19/99 -0500, John M. Atkinson wrote:
>Aaron Teske wrote:
>> Pfft.  I've only played 40K twice, and wasn't that impressed.
(Though I
>> hear the new version is a step in the right direction.)  I'm talking
>> starship combat, not ground... I've only played one game each of DS
II and
>> SG II.  But the Imperial ships have whupped Indy's fleets several
times.
>> <grin>
>
>Well, that's not hard to do.  Anyone who isn't a torpedo magnet can
>manage it--it's well known that Indy's torps are Ghandian
>pacifists--they prefer to expire gracefully rather than engage in
untidy
>violence.

<grin> Not *entirely* true -- his fighter pilots can be pretty hot
sometimes -- but not a bad summary, I guess.

>But regarding the new 40K, conversation revealed fun fact:  ALL tanks
>are now either move or fire weapons.  Tanks can't shoot in the same
turn
>they move 12 or more inches.  Remember folks, in 40K, ground scale is
>same as figure scale.	1" = 1 meter.  For comparison, men move. . . 6"
>and run 12, or is it 4&8?  I forget.  So if you move more than the
speed
>a man runs, you can't shoot any weapons.  If you move 6-12" you can
>shoot one weapon.  Under six inches, you can shoot everything.  This is
>from memory from a conversation I had last week--I don't vouch for it's
>accuracy in more than general terms.

Hmm.  Fascinating. <shrug>  Well, whatever -- I'm not that big a
believer
in tanks for skirmish scale combat, anyway.  That whole "range (should
be)
longer than the board" thing... well, maybe.  Dunno.  I guess I should
temper my "played 40K twice" above with the fact that I did enjoy the
Necromunda campaign my friends & I played in school... but the two games
are a bit different.

G'night,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kujecko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!