Prev: the Great game was Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States Next: RE: Storyline Battles at Conventions

Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List.

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:38:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Thomas Barclay wrote:
> -MWS- spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>
> > If you can't find other willing Toms, perhaps a Jerry or two would
do . . .

> Well, only if we were playing NSL.... (just kidding, the play on
> words was just too obvious!).

"cap'n! it's thae list, she canna take it! any mair o'these god-awful
puns and she'll blow!"

> > [snip]
> > > Thomas Barclay (BB) mass 72, thrust 6, C++ Battery, Canuk Field
> > >
> > > no, it's just too silly.
>
> Moreso because clearly mass 72 would bear little resemblance to the
> namesake. Clearly mass 100 is closer to the truth.

kg? i was guessing - most software engineers i know are little fellas.

> We'd use a C++
> battery, but only if we were content to run slowly (say speed 6). We
> like speed so probably stick to C batts and go speed 8.

whereas over here we go for added flexibility at the expense of speed
and
use J batteries. we have some trouble with incompatible MS ammo, though.

actually, the soviets do have a missile known to the west as 'sandbox'

> Sorry, this has gotten very very silly. Reporting self for
> Re-adjustment at the NAC Baffin Island Rehabilitation Facility.

"NAC Baffin Island Psych Rehab Facility - looking after GZG listers for
over a century!"

Tom