Prev: Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States Next: Re: [FT] Huge games? Yikes!!

Re: [FT] Huge games? Yikes!!

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:57:26 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Huge games? Yikes!!

Thomas Anderson wrote:

> A question: does time to play scale linearly with force size? if you
> use
> squadron orders more or less throughout, order time should be the same
> for
> small and large forces (ish), movement-plotting should take the same
> time,
> physically moving the minis will take proportionally longer, and
> firing
> should take longer as there are simply more dice.

For Operation SAWMILL, the KraVak did most all of their operations under
strict Squadron based Rules. They manuever like flocks of sparrows. The
NSL had four groups that also manuevered together. We tried to minimize
the amount of time spent writing stuff down and maximize the time spent
making firing decisions. Neither Kr'rt nor I are the type that sits
their and plans every potential movement plot that could occur to the
nth degree since battles don't happen like that. (We all know wargamers
like that Counting every exact factor etc). Also the battle was being
done to porvide fodder for teh Rot Hafen story. We would rather spend
are time postulating how many guys are being sucked out of the one meter
diameter hole that was just punched into this or that ship or wonder
about the life or death struggles taking place inside a stricken Cruiser
as damage control parties struggle to get the Power core back on line
before it explodes....

Los

Prev: Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States Next: Re: [FT] Huge games? Yikes!!