Prev: Re: Tactics Question Next: Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List.

RE: Tactics Question

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:29:34 -0600
Subject: RE: Tactics Question

Schoon wrote:
> >  I am in a campaign game using Full Thrust (and More Thrust but
> >  not fleet book)and have come up on a certain situation.
> >  One of the other players has decided to build all his ships
> >  (including the big ones) at thrust 8 (eight).
> >  What is a good response to this condition?
>
> I would suggest a hedgehog type defense. Lower thrust ships with lots
of
> multi-arc weapons. As he buzzes about you with higher thrust ships,
let
> yours sit in a cluster and beat him silly with superior firepower.
There's
> no way he can slug it out with you if he has that much MASS devoted to
> engines.

But since they are using FT and MT but NOT the FB, mass is not a factor,
just cost.  So you should be building more ships than him for the same
cost.
Let him build his expensive fleets while you begin to outnumber him,
more
and more as time goes on...

Dean

Prev: Re: Tactics Question Next: Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List.