Prev: Re: Background questions Next: Re: Tactics Question

Re: Tactics Question

From: "jim clem" <travmind@h...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:05:33 PST
Subject: Re: Tactics Question

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 01:56:27 -0800 (PST)
From: John Fox <jfox@verity.com>
Subject: Tactics Question
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

Greetings:
  I am in a campaign game using Full Thrust (and More Thrust but not
fleet book)
and have come up on a certain situation.  One of the other players has
decided
to build all his ships (including the big ones) at thrust 8 (eight).
  What is a good response to this condition?
  Should I also start to build my ships at thrust - 8?
	I do not like this idea due to the cost.
  Should I continue to build stuff as always (esscots thrust 8, cruiser
thrust 5
big ship thrust 3 or 4)?

  Any tactical advice as to how to overcome this.

  John Fox

Do NOT respond by building all your ships just like his.  His costs will

soar, resulting in smaller numbers of fast ships.  Continue your own
building habits, but use your larger numbers of escorts to flank him.
I'd make sure to use plenty of screens on both cruisers and cap ships.
As he loses his more expensive ships to your less expensive ones, he'll
begin to fall behind in ship building, forcing him to either change his
ways, or he'll stubbornly follow his habit to doom. You'll take some
hard hits from such fast ship certainly, but he'll pay (literally) in
the end.

Good luck and good rolling.

Jim Clem, B.S.E.
Full Thrust:  The New Confederate States

Prev: Re: Background questions Next: Re: Tactics Question