Prev: Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List. (Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped)) Next: Re: Background questions

Ok, I'm off-topic. Mea culpa. Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List.

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 07:30:59 -0600

***My obituary will be some humerous tale on a morning drive time radio
program of the discovery of my bleached bones sitting in front of a
televison with the remote in one hand and a copy of the FT fleet book in
my
hand.***

Aren't you being a little bleak? Really lacking in optimism? FTIII
should
be out by then!

Seriously, at your age, I had several very pleasant loves to look
forward
to, one bad marraige, and still time to find a woman who'll care for me
far
more than I deserve. It just takes awhile to quit mourning in between.

***LUXURY! if that's per hour, that's what I get teaching at ADFA (after
tax).***

Even allowing for after tax. if those are Aussie dollars, I could afford
pay you to design, assemble, and paint my ships. Course, McDonalds could
do
the same for flipping burgers. And I thought our military was getting
the
short end. (Not that they aren't.)

***60 ships per side? Ye Gods. Not a small game. About 30's my limit,
and
the orders for most are by squadrons, ie "Unit 12: L3 Accel 3, Final
Speed
22. Units 13-24 likewise."***

Course, I'd like to see a few 'squadron' orders designed. If the
squadron
has to flip course, I'd like to be able to flip the positions of
particular
ships. Referring back to where we like to keep our lighter units, of
course.

Oh, merde, I went back on topic... *sigh*

The_Beast