Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Re: [FT]campign blues

[FT] Another fighter base?

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:08:38 -0600
Subject: [FT] Another fighter base?

Yesterday, I was on Thomas Granvold's excellent starship miniatures
site.
And, yes, if I'm going to mention it, I should give the address, though
don't have it here. *sigh*

Anyway, I suddenly recalled that I had promised to look up some info
'when
I got home', printed out a reminder, and completely blew it off. Bad me.

I decided to go to his Help Needed page, with his requests for
info/clarifications. Couldn't ring a bell as to what a promised, but saw
number of items with which I COULD help him. I have just sent him a long
list of answers, and suggest you do the same. Some games are mentioned
twice; he must be desparate! ;->=

Now, having made a short story long, this brought up an old Parker Bros.
game Shadowlord! that I gave him a thumbnail description. However,
looking
at the pieces, I noticed the 'power rings' had 6 holes spaced around the
edge, just the right number for a fighter base. Has anybody tried 'em?

Also, the have, I think six equal spaced depressions spaced by equal
space
ridges. I wondered if anyone had tried using these as ship bases, even
if
the centers are hollow. They might even do well as places for
directional
'shield' dice hold spots for WEE dice. I know PB has used these rings in
other places. Anyone given them a tumble?

The_Beast

P.S. Thomas, I'm hoping to be sending you more than text info in the
near
future. *heh heh*

Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Re: [FT]campign blues