Prev: RE: vector format fleet emblems Next: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

Re: Curing the fighter blues

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 08:32:12 -0800
Subject: Re: Curing the fighter blues

>20th century analogs aside, I think fighter attrition is too high in FT
>for the _feel_ I would like. But their combat effectiveness is just
>fine, IMHO. In order to have the feel I'd like, I need to keep overall
>fighter power similar, but reduce attrition.
>I see two ways of doing this - one more cosmetic, the other a game
>variation.

[snip]

There's actually another, simpler way of going at this. After the
battle,
simply roll a d6 for each fighter that was destroyed to determine its
ultimate fate. That messes with the rules least of all, and still gives
the
possibility the the pilots punched out before the big kablooey.

Schoon

Prev: RE: vector format fleet emblems Next: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems