Prev: Sensors (Again) Next: Curing the fighter blues

EMP/Ion Weapons

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:30:44 -0500
Subject: EMP/Ion Weapons

Everyone has a variant on a ship-based Threshold effect weapon, it
seems.
I like the simpler ones better, (and mine, which is (alas) not the
simplest best, but that's a no-brainer). What it suggests to me, in the
end, is that such a weapon _should_ exist in the official universe.

I like mine because it weakens the effect slightly by giving choices to
the defending player of how he rolls (or choses) his thresholds.
I like Phillip Pournelles next because of its simplicity, though it may
be over-powered
Dean Gundberg's looks balanced to my eye, but the tables for damage are
significant added complexity.
I'm not a big fan of Steven Arrowsmith's, also because of its
complexity.

Noam

Noam R. Izenberg		noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu

Prev: Sensors (Again) Next: Curing the fighter blues