Prev: Re: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: vector format fleet emblems

Re: Damage Program for many Batteries

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 23:15:44 +1000
Subject: Re: Damage Program for many Batteries

Chen-Song Qin wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
>
> > -- Package of Utilities to do damage Calculations for Full Thrust 3
> > -- Author  : A.E.Brain
> > -- Created : 19990113
> > -- History : Initial version
> > -- Notes   : Only Hits done in this version
> >
> > package Full_Thrust_Damage_Calculation is
> >
> > The language is Ada, and you can get FREE compilers (W95, W3.11, NT,
> > Linux. Mac etc etc) via http://www.adahome.com
> >

> The syntax is just like VHDL!  I would've said that if I didn't know
this
> was software.

Ada was invented in 1983. VHDL was derived from it, as was OOPSLA
(Object-Oriented Oracle Programming Support Language), and an IEEE
Structured Design Language (subset of Ada). An update occurred in 1995.
Used (to the exclusion of all other languages for avionics..) by Boeing,
Airbus Industrie, Antonov, etc etc and so is liable to be THE
programming language for spacecraft in the future, just as it is for
aircraft today.

Also used in many modern Naval Combat Systems. So is sorta kinda on
topic a bit almost. In fact some packages that are in service with the
RAN already contain definitions for parsecs, AUs, light-seconds etc as
well as the more normal Nautical Mile(US), Nautical Mile(Admiralty),
Radar Mile, Kilometer, etc etc. The idea being that this software is
re-usable.

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: vector format fleet emblems