Prev: RE: Hardened Systems Next: Re: [FT] Progress report - sourcing "Centauri compatible" ships

Re: Hardened Systems

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:33:50 +0100
Subject: Re: Hardened Systems

John Leary wrote:

> Steven Arrowsmith wrote:
> >
> > Heres our House Rule coving Hardened Systems;
> >
> > Heavy Armour
> > Mass: 3	     Points 15
> > absorbs 3 criticals
>
>      Very good.   Simple and easy to control/implement.

Unfortunately not very well balanced. Try buying these for the screens
of
a Mass 200+ superdreadnought, and you'll see what I mean :-(

OTOH, there's very little point in buying these for Mass 1 or Mass 2
systems like FCs and ADFCs - you're better off using the extra mass to
buy another FC.

'Course, if this armour absorbs an *unspecified* critical, well... no, I
don't want to think about that <g>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Hardened Systems Next: Re: [FT] Progress report - sourcing "Centauri compatible" ships