Prev: GZG - East Coast Convention - Preregisitration is open Next: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems: Bah, Humbug. Directional armor: Cool

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #93

From: Charles Choukalos <chuckc@b...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:13:03 -0500
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #93

Stephen,

Whoops...... my bad on the pseudo-qbasic code...  actually if you're
trying to learn C++.... then it should be:

randomize;
a=0;
while (a<4000) {
  b=trunc(rnd(6)+1);
  if ((b==4) || (b==5)) { c++; }
  if (b==6) {
      c+=2;
      a-=1;
  }
  a++;
}
printf("Damage: %d\n",c);

Anyway.......... throw the above code into an function associated with
an
object for ?ships/damage/somethingorother.... and you'd be good.

I guess when I hacked my qbasic/pseudo-code... I goofed and figured that

the next a would increment a and close the while loop.... its been ages
since I used qbasic...

Oh, and Stephen, when you're learning C++ rember that its Object
Oriented.  I'm still in the process of truely learning Object Oriented
programing...  Its all to easy to use C++ just like C and not take
advantage of its full range of ability.  Good luck..... oh, and take a
peak at Perl... it really rocks.  I know that the Obsolete OS...... OS/2

Warp has a perl interpreter thats okay..., and I think that there's one
for win95... but I've never seen it.  Perl's slow, but great for parsing

info and quick coding jobs.

Chuck