Prev: Re: [FT] Sensors (Option 2) Next: Re: [FTFB] Rules Clarification

Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 00:56:02 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

<< >I'm much less happy about this idea - I think it would introduce FAR
too
 >much complication for no real benefit in game terms. Some starship
games
 >have individual protection levels for individual systems and/or ship
 >sections, but this starts getting into needing extra rolls for damage
 >location and all sorts of other complications that I really don't
think FT
 >games need.
 >
 >Jon (GZG) >>
What I ment for that an armor point for a single system, simular to the
idea
of hardining systems, or maybe something like the core systems, no hit
areas.
If that was wanted something like your exsample in MT for the multi
section
starbase rules.    For some large ships (the Deathstar or the Hagri (I
think
that is how it is spelled) Kilrathi carrier (1/2 million tons, 288
fighters)
would be better this way, this is not what I had in mind.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: [FT] Sensors (Option 2) Next: Re: [FTFB] Rules Clarification