Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: RE: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters?

Re: [FTFB] Rules Clarification

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:40:41 -0800
Subject: Re: [FTFB] Rules Clarification

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
...snip...JTL
> >Another question semi related to the above is how many fighters can
be in a
> >group?
> [snip]
>
> I would say that a group can have 1-6 fighters, six being the max for
one
> group.
>
> Schoon

     That depends on the meaning of the word 'group'.	A group is
never a squadron.   A group is more than one squadron in the NAC,
(if it follows RAF rules), normally three.   In USA terms (WWII),
a group is a collection of 'Wings' made up of three or more
'Squadrons'.
     In navy terms, the 'Carrier Air Group' is the collection of
Squadrons assigned to the aircraft carrier.

     Just in case I have not understood the question;  A figure base
normally has 6 fighter miniatures mounted on it and is considered a
Squadron of 6 (or 12) fighters.   I mount a single figure per homemade
base and call it a Squadron.   For me, more than 1 Sq is a 'Carrier Air
Group'.

I hope that makes things as clear as mud.

:-)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: RE: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters?