Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics Next: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 02:15:34 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

<< [snip]
 >Most of the games that I play are small games (maybe 18 ships or so
per
side)
 >but every now and then I want to (and can find someone) try out
something
BIG
 >(like the mega gun carrying ship, or a super carrier) and game that,
these
 [snip]

 Uhm, sorry - 18 ships a side is NOT a "small game".  A Cruiser and a
Tin
 Can per side is a small game.	1000 pts & 5 ships (BC,CH,CC,DD,DD) per
side
 qualifies - barely - as a small game.	No way in Hades does 18 ships
per
 side qualify for that category. :)

 Be that as it may, the whole point of FT is to have fun.  I'm glad that
you
 and your gaming partners can find fun in playing Death Star scenarios.
 Just don't expect most of the rest of us to buy into it <g> . . . >>

Well that game (the one with 18 ships) should have be clasifed as a
medium
game.  There was also a super small game that I played as a small DD/CV
vs a
SDN from Full Thrust, that game was neet.  The small ship(me), it has
two
pulse torps, an A-batt, 2 B-batts, 4 PDAF, and 2 fighter groups, but
that is
another story...
-Stephen

Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics Next: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q