Prev: Re: [DS] Orbital Entry MBTs Next: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

Re: [DSII] Point defence...

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:54:06 +1300
Subject: Re: [DSII] Point defence...

>> in DSII by using twin HEL
>> for ZAD/ADS using the rules on my site. That would give HEL range to
the
>> ZAD/ADS. Adjust the size of the HEL to suit the desired degree of
damage.
>> The conventional rules in DSII of one attack per GMS, aerospace or
VTOL
>> vehicle would probably stay in effect.
>
>Sounds interesting - say, HEL/2, in ADS mount. Perhaps give a die shift
up
>for THEL-ADS (SUP d12, EHN d10, BAS d8) and fairly expensive. Used as a
>normal ADS for anti-GMS work, impacting as a standard HEL for
>anti-VTOL, and using the above quality die as usual for actual
>anti-aerospace ADS fire?
    No need for dice shifts. The system design is already worked out in
my
site. See it for details here:
	http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/CA.HTM

Or quoted:
Other Weapons for Area Defense Systems
To use another direct fire weapon system (other than RFAC/2, HVC/3 and
HVC/4
equivalents), mount your chosen twin weapons in a turret, and work out
the
cost for the twin weapons. Multiply the cost by ten and that is the
price of
the system in points.
	The range of the system is equal to long range of the individual
weapon systems. To make this system consistent with the current ADS, the
DSII basic ADS/ZAD should only have range of 24" (RFAC/2 max. range),
and
the DSII enhanced ADS/ZAD should only have a range of 32" (HVC/3 max.
range).
	The ADS quality die is based on the size of the weapon: size 1
size 5 is D4 to D12 respectively. Draw damage chits equal to size class
of
weapon. Even though two weapon systems are fitted, only one set of
damage
chits are drawn. Damage validities as per existing ADS damage
validities,
i.e. all chits count.
	If you want, you can use a single weapon instead. Just install
it in
a turret, and multiply the points cost by 10. But, only RED chits are
valid.
If you want ALL chits valid, multiply the points cost by 20 instead of
10.
	Or you can install quad weapons. Just install them in a turret,
and
multiply the points cost by 5. ALL chits will be valid.
	You could install three weapons in turret, multiply by 5, but
you
will only get RED and YELLOW chits valid.
=====

>What about anti-SLAM fire? Perhaps a SLAM target inside the envelope of
>THEL has all impact die dropped one?
    Perhaps drop SLaM fire by size of THEL? Simpler rule!

>And anti-artillery THEL? Harder...try all fire drops one level of chit
>color? Ummmm (my DS2 rules aren't right here...) if you'd normally draw
>& Y, now only R. If normal is only R, only Y instead...forget it, that
>won't work the way I'd intended it to. Anyone else?
    Perhaps negate one gun's worth of artillery fire per THEL? Simpler
rule!

Andrew Martin
-------------
ICQ #:26227169
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: Re: [DS] Orbital Entry MBTs Next: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics