Prev: Re: [DSII] Point defence... Next: Re: [DSII] Point defence...

Re: [DSII] Point defence...

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 09:50:08 +1300
Subject: Re: [DSII] Point defence...

Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:
>Found this today:
>
>www.trw.com/seg/sats/THEL.html
>
>(...if I got the URL wrong, go to www.trw.com and follow the THEL
link).

>Comments, folks?

Do you read this:
    "P(k) near 1 at 5 kms"
Probability of kill "near 1 at 5 Km"?
    PDS ranges of 5KM? Ack! Nearly automatic kill? Aargh!

>Suddenly those intelligent arty and mortar rounds don't look so
>all-powerful any more :-) (Or :-(, since we were involved in the STRIX
>development...)
    I think if you fired enough strix or copperhead, mixed with
conventional, perhaps, you would flood it's defences.

We could model THEL (Turreted High Energy Laser?) in DSII by using twin
HEL
for ZAD/ADS using the rules on my site. That would give HEL range to the
ZAD/ADS. Adjust the size of the HEL to suit the desired degree of
damage.
The conventional rules in DSII of one attack per GMS, aerospace or VTOL
vehicle would probably stay in effect.

Andrew Martin
-------------
ICQ #:26227169
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: Re: [DSII] Point defence... Next: Re: [DSII] Point defence...