Prev: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics Next: RE: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters?

Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 06:48:20 PST
Subject: Re: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

Has anyone had any luck with designing dedicated AEGIS ships?  I have
yet to play a game with the Fleet Book rules (and probably won't make it

to the Lancaster GZGcon, despite being less than an hour away--not that
I'm bitter or anything), but it's an idea that I have been toying with.

Take a Heavy Cruiser, give it Level 2 Screens, a heavy hull, some armor,

and a whole bunch of PDS with an AD firecon.  Maybe throw on a few
missile packs (the short range, one shot thingies that I cannot remember

the name of at the moment) as an added bonus.  It wouldn't be worth much

on its own, but a few of them might provide a nice umbrella for a fleet.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics Next: RE: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters?