Prev: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters? Next: RE: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters?

Re: FTFB: Scenerio + Q?'s

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:18:52 -0600
Subject: Re: FTFB: Scenerio + Q?'s

Well, I'd assume things like Nova/Wave guns would be very high tech, and
an
argument could be made that a beam projector might be so large that it
could only be used in one fire arc. Can you say spinal mount?

Speciality fighters, even fighters at all (tip-o-hat to Starfire),
salvo-launch ordinance, and an introduction of the 'AA' battery
roll-for-failure for smaller beams are candidates for tech level
adjustments. I've never tried setting up a framework for such
tech-levels.

I always considered Kra'vak to be a kind of tech level above human
ships.
Before FTII, armor always seemed to be material tech not within human
capabilities. However, my feeling was always that FT represented a
fairly
narrow 'band' of technology. Anything particularly advanced would be
considered FM to my commanders.

Anything less would be chemical boosters, stone knives, and bear
skins...

The_Beast

PS. Do I need to mention YMMV?

"John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@erols.com> on 01/07/99 01:28:10 PM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 To:	  gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

Charles Choukalos wrote:

> Has anyone drawn up tech levels of ships/equipment/hull for their
games.

Note:  I'd think the tech differences would be less a matter of
unavailable equipment, but a matter of efficiency.  For instance, the
Made-By-Primitives Class 3s might be twice the mass, forcing them to
either build bigger hulls or accept fewer weapons.  Plus limits on
maximum mass, more fragile hulls, worse electronics, etc.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters? Next: RE: [FTFB] "Needle" fighters?