Prev: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q Next: [OT]? GURPS Traveller

Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:00:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

Allan spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> Well, it's Powered Armour... it's infantry in big suits.
>
> The problem, as Tom pointed out, is that the system doesn't handle
multiple
> Support Weapons well... This is definitely a failing of the system.

I'll have to disagree. The game is designed to simulate squad level
combat within a certain tech framework which is does pretty well. The
fact that we are attempting to use a different tech framework and
expect the same level of robustness is the problem. You wouldn't ask
a banana to be a kiwi so lets not say it is a failing of the system.
It is a characteristic. It represents well what it was intended to,
and not so well things it was not.

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q Next: [OT]? GURPS Traveller