Prev: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q Next: Re: [FT]Minifigs Spaceships

Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 10:49:14 -0600
Subject: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

Schoon's rationale makes sense, but I tend to want to keep the wording
of
the books as unchanged as possible. I'd op't for the Tim Jones option
(my
mail client received his reply before Jon's).

Don't know about others, but heavy fighters aren't so common in my games
that I'd be concerned about the unbalancing effect to PDS's. One could
suggest this degrades the HF's even more, though.

The_Beast

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@aimnet.com> on 01/06/99 10:40:52 AM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 To:	  gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

>>1) take Mark's suggestion above, assuming that Heavy Fighters' armour
gives
>>them the same kind of protection as when fired at by PDS, or

I vote for option 1. My reasoning is that Class 1s fired as PDSs are not
using their full power, but sacrificing it for a greater rate of fire,
nor
do they have the dedicated tracking systems for small targets.

This reasoning also keeps Class 1s less effective than PDSs, which I
think
is a good thing for balance as well.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q Next: Re: [FT]Minifigs Spaceships