Prev: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q Next: RE: [FT] Fleet Book Rules Q

Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 01:59:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

At 09:52 AM 1/6/99 +0000, you wrote:
[snip]
>Well, before making an [OFFICIAL] ruling I'd like other list members'
>opinions on this - there are two ways to argue it:
>
>1) take Mark's suggestion above, assuming that Heavy Fighters' armour
gives
>them the same kind of protection as when fired at by PDS, or
>
>2) leave the rule as written - Heavy fighters take damage from class-1
>beams just as normal fighters, and gain no extra benefit. The argument
for
>this is that the beam, pulse, (whatever) fired by a class-1 beam is
MUCH
>more powerful than that fired by a PDS battery, and if it hits at all
it
>will cut through any armour that a fighter can carry with equal ease -
the
>reduced hit chance represents the relative difficulty of tracking a
fighter
>with an antiship mount compared to a dedicated PDS, but if it hits it
will
>kill.
>
>Opinions?
>
>Jon (GZG)

Personally, I actually prefer #2, even though we SWAG'd #1 for our FFA
game. :)

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q Next: RE: [FT] Fleet Book Rules Q