Prev: Re: GZGL FH Guide to the Colonies Next: Fleet Book Rules Q

RE: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:27:32 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

-----Original Message-----
From: agoodall@interlog.com [mailto:agoodall@interlog.com]

SNIP

>this... it is a generic system, though. If it forces you to restrict
the
>number of vehicle killing weapons given within a squad, it can not
handle
>historical games and it can not handle certain SF backgrounds. It is
married
>to a background where one squad = one support weapon. That may not be a
>failing of a game based on Jon's fictional universe, but it is a
failing if
>the system is trying to be truly generic.

Interesting comments.

Although SG actually formulates 1 squad = TWO support weapons. Someone
else
also pointed out that IAVR's are used in multiples as well.

Section support weapons are really, I think a separate issue to the
purely
AFV killing approach you are pursuing.

In real life most of the historical situations I think you are alluding
would actually be a squad of two or more teams each with an anti-armour
weapon. In SG terms this is actually best represented by individual
squads;
albeit consisting of 2 or 3 men. Examples in the Australian Army include
the
Infantry Battalion Direct Fire Weapons Platoon or Anti-armour Platoon; a
Section actually consists of two Detachments which in SG terms are
really
two squads.

Anyway, as you say the 4 weapons 4 shots is probably going to be your
best
bet as long as they are all firing at the one target.

Chjeers,

Owen G

Prev: Re: GZGL FH Guide to the Colonies Next: Fleet Book Rules Q