Prev: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions... Next: RE: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 22:52:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

> No...Problem definately _not_ solved.  This is not a generalized
solution.
> To say that an infantry TOE _cannot_ have multiple support weapons is
> silly.  To say that an infantry TOE modeled after a particular
'source' (be
> it modern infantry structure, or one in a book you read) _does not_
have
> multiple support weapons is fine.  Is the distiction clear?  Now if
people
> can explain an effective, rational system that provides a generalized
> solution, great.  If you can give a good explanation of how the
existing
> structure handles this case effectively and generally, great.
Handwaving
> and arbtrarily stating that infantry TOE could not have multiple
support
> weapons is not.

Let's look at the modern US light infantry platoon. (From memory, please
correct if I left something out)

Three Squads, each of 9 men.  Two of those men carry SAWs.
HQ: PL, PSG, RTO
Weapons Squad:2xLMG teams each of two men.

I know I organize my NRE along the same lines.	2 SAWs in a squad, plus
a weapons team, plus an anti-armor team with several GMS/Ps.  It makes
sense.	Plus I hand out buzz-bombs on a 2 per team basis.  So
potentially, I could have a squad firing 4 IVARs, plus 2 SAWs.
Realistically, I'd not want to waste them all on one target, but it's
possible.

If that means you roll a handful of dice, so be it.  I'd let each weapon
fire seperately.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions... Next: RE: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...