Prev: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions... Next: [OT} Bode's Law

RE: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:39:03 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

-----Original Message-----
From: agoodall@interlog.com [mailto:agoodall@interlog.com]

>The problem, as Tom pointed out, is that the system doesn't handle
multiple
>Support Weapons well... This is definitely a failing of the system.

hi Alan,

Actually I don't think this is so much a failing of the system; IMHO I
think
you may be expecting too much of the system. Like any set of good rules
it
is a finely balanced structure; try bending part of it and it is bound
bulge somewhere else subsequently unbalancing some other part of
game-play.

IMHO your conversion for a Traveller to SG is the problem. If every
individual in the squad has such powerful weapons you might need to
approach
a Skirmish style gameplay. Have every inidvidual as a seperate figure!?
Not
my ideal and it would probably raise as many extra problems as it
solves.

Here is one suggestion; Wayne Eaton at our club has thought on a
multiple
die shift for extra firepower in a squad. eg 10 guys with FP2 weapons
(no
such thing as d20 in SG but...)actually roll a d12 and a d8.

So, perhaps instead of rolling 4d6 for the PMPGs try rolling 2d12?

On reflection, I actually would prefer the four troopers each rolling a
qual
die and FP die vs a single range die for the vehicle (similar to Close
combat resolution) might give you the desired result? Lots of dice
rolling
but there is going to have to be some compromise.

Good luck,

Owen G

Prev: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions... Next: [OT} Bode's Law