Prev: VMAP set for FT Next: Re: VMAP set for FT

Re: [SG] [DS] Leadership values

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 22:15:17 +1300
Subject: Re: [SG] [DS] Leadership values

John wrote:
>Anyway, this will likely end up on my webpage as the method I use to
>determine unit leadership.  I've already got quality determined by a
d10
>roll, so both dice can be rolled at the same time and the appropriate
>charts consulted.
    Of course, these tables should be 'skewed' to better reflect the
unit's
tradition. For example, a Ghurka unit would be skewed to produce more
elite
and veteran quality than green or regular quality. A 'punishment' unit
would
have a large number of greens and elite than regular or veteran, I would
imagine.
    A similar effect would be apparent for leadership ratings versus
unit
tradition.
    Perhaps a table that generates exteme leadership values (1s and 3s)
for
the punishment unit and a table that generates rounded leadership values
(more 2s than 1s and 3s) for the Gurkas. For example:

Extremes:
  1D20	  Leadership
 1 -  8   3
 9 - 12   2
13 - 20   1

Rounded:
  1D20	  Leadership
 1 -  6   3
 7 - 14   2
15 - 20   1

Andrew Martin
-------------
ICQ #:26227169
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: VMAP set for FT Next: Re: VMAP set for FT