Prev: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question Next: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question

Re: [SG2] Sentry guns (long)

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:47:30 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG2] Sentry guns (long)

Re: mobile sg's,

I was thinking that, as you don't see them much in the Evil Empire's
rules
anymore, there should be a few Rapiers around waiting in closeout bins
and
pre-painted shelves. However, in 25mm, their damn fine tank sized
themselves, and I'm assuming we're talking smaller, sort of 'rpvs in the
sand'.

Of course, my mind does amazing flips, and if the Rapiers are sg's big
enough to be tanks, maybe there are tanks small enough to be sg's? Micro
armor! I would suggest something simple, say a tank destroyer, like the
Soviet SU-whatever, or, if you have some around, Ogre heavy or super
heavies. Maybe even the missle tanks, which never looked manned to me,
anyway.

Too bad I play neither SG or DS. Great way to get multiple bang to your
buck, though I'd think the sg's should sport a very simple, non-cammo'd
paint job compared to what you'd want on 'real' tanks.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question Next: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question