Prev: Re: [SG2] Sentry guns (long) Next: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question

[OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:05:48 PST
Subject: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question

What is a good generic term for an individual vehicle or squad, other
than element?  Or, in other words, in the following sentence, what word
would you substitute for X?

"One Unit consists of one or more seperate X."

...where X is a tank, helicopter, infantry platoon, secret weapon, or
something similar.  I am currently working on the military rules for
Destroy All Monsters!,	and I need a nice, simple term.  "Elements" just

seems a little...unfriendly, if that makes any sense.  Any ideas?  I'm
not normally this brain dead, but the holidays have taken a lot out of
me.  Please reply directly to me--there's no need to clutter up the list

with my foolishness.

Thanks,
John Crimmins
john1x@hotmail.com

Prev: Re: [SG2] Sentry guns (long) Next: Re: [OT] Stupid Military Terminology Question