Prev: More FT Online (change of time !) Next: RE: DS Conversions

Re: [DS] Air Superiority Rules

From: "John D. Atkinson" <j.atkinson@e...>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 14:32:54 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Air Superiority Rules

Ndege Diamond wrote:

> I am normaly a lurker on the list but I need some feedback.  I am
trying to
> do up some air superiority rules for aerospace vehicles.  This is what

Thought crossed my mind:

DSII players are playing the role of a batallion to company-sized task
force commander.  Wouldn't air superiority be a little beyond his
concerns?  Air support directly impacts his troops or those of his
enemy, and is called for by his FAC, so it's appropriate.  I'd be
inclined to abstract air superiority aircraft and the long-range air
defense systems (Patriot analogs, etc) off the table, perhaps
representing them with a Stargrunt-style "air defense environment" roll.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: More FT Online (change of time !) Next: RE: DS Conversions