Prev: Re: test Next: RE: Aliens Action Fleet Vehicles

Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:51:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

Los spake thusly upon matters weighty:

I can buy that. Just saying that if it was linked to things like
automines and autoguns, you'd get little warning of the bad situation
you were in....

> The fact of the matter is that in the future as is the operational
standard now,
> in many situations you can not physically fill crypto face to face
given the
> operating environment. This has been an SOP in SOF for a long time.
Sure if your
> fill is comprimised and the enemy intercepts it ou are in trouble. But
if I fill a
> raidio manually (from a "can") then wlak out the door and get snagged
by the
> enemy, you are in the exact same situation. Comprimising crypto is bad
one way of
> the other. Then again there are oprtational techniques which will
remain nameless
> to limit the comprimise encountered when someone gets a hold of your
crypto.

> Thomas Barclay wrote:
>
> > Los spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> >
> > Hijack that download and you can kill a squad without firing a shot.

> > > No need for that. Even today, many military radios can recieve
their "fills"
> > > over the air.

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: test Next: RE: Aliens Action Fleet Vehicles