Prev: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt Next: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:12:13 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Burger [mailto:burger00@camosun.bc.ca]
Subject: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt
SNIP
>These have recieved only basic solo playtesting, but they seem good and
>are, I think, fairly close to the DS2 rules for APFCs. I can't recall
that
>we've ever had an SG2 game where enemy infantry got within 6" of a
>vehicle, but anything can happen...the anti-IAVR capability could be
>useful.

Well Brian, to me these seem quite workable, although the use of an
extra
dice against GMS seems a little out of place. The defence roll against
GMS
is an EW roll. Although it is getting down to multiple die rolls,
perhaps a
secondary roll of the APFC vs the GMS if teh GMS is successful in
beating
the tanks EW would be more appropriate.

One thing I could see happening is a change in anti-infantry tactics for
tanks. Since you are proposing an automatic d10 attack on any infantry I
have this vision of people rushing their tanks up to an infantry squad
and
*POW*.

I might suggest the owner of teh tank simply stating at the turn if his
APFC
is ACTIVE or IN-ACTIVE or perhaps place a chit on top of the turret to
indicate this(OK ALL YOU CHIT HATERS CAN IGNORE THIS!) or mark on a
sheet/card teh APFC status. As you say this can be computer controlled.

However I would only play this rule in games when the proposed rules for
Vehicle Assault are used otherwise it out balances in favour of the tank
even more.

We'll try it and see.

Cheers,

Owen G

Prev: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt Next: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt