Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT] The UN

RE: Plastic Models and Acrylics.

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:10:42 -0500
Subject: RE: Plastic Models and Acrylics.

>Paint with acrylics as normal with  a good quality brush.
>Use a good quality paint. Certain colors are problematic
>(ie. yellow). Mix the paint well, and for large areas
>thin slightly with water.

If you have problems getting a nice finish with yellow, orange, red and
other bright colours, paint the area with a couple of coats of white
paint
first.	The bright "warm" colours are always a problem for paint
manufacturers, because the only pigments that give good bright colour
and
are opaque, are dangerously toxic.  With almost every paint line I've
tried, the reds and yellows don't cover very well - especially over a
dark
undercoat.  Painting the area white first solves this problem, and you
get
good bright colours without "greying", like you see with red over a
black
base.  Just remember to let the white dry thoroughly before painting
over
it - or you'll end up with a pastel mess.

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT] The UN