Prev: Army size vs economy, was: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Re: [FT] Wave Gun usage in actual games . .

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:42:32 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Wave Gun usage in actual games . .

> > Yes, in MT (with and without Vector movement). I haven't used it
> > effectively in FB yet - the one time I used it in an FB battle, the
ship
> > took a treshold hit from long-range (Class-4) fire on its fully
loaded
> > Wavegun before it could fire :-(
>
> Yes, a significant flaw in the weapon system - one of the reasons I
like it.
> :)

Not really. I didn't expect Class-4's and flew too slowly. Once I got in
close to him (which I did a turn later), my other ships - heavy with
Class-2 batteries - shredded the enemies :-)

[snip]

> I had planned to limit the WG to the SD, DN, and possibly a
specialized

> CH classes - everything else will be heavy on the Pulse Torps as their

> main armament.

Sounds OK.

>  The primary theme I want to use is fighters and PTs -
> the assumption being that the K'rathri want to fight "up close &
personal".

Hm... I wouldn't exactly call the WG "close up & personal" - since you
lose the screens in your front arc when you fire it, you don't want to
be
too close to massed beam batteries :-/ Besides, they're much better
against fighters and missiles from far away - even a 2-die template will
wipe out any fighter squadron it hits (each fighter takes 2D6 of damage,
and it dies after 1 point...), so the bigger the template the better :-)

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Army size vs economy, was: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure