Prev: Re: GZGL FT Fast FTL drives. Next: Re: [FT] Cap Missile movement in FB turn sequence?

Re: GZGL FT Fast FTL drives.

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:04:29 PST
Subject: Re: GZGL FT Fast FTL drives.

>Eric Fialkowski <ericski@micron.net> wrote:

[SNIP]

>>On a semi related note, how do people handle interstellar
communications?
>>Courier boat, telepaths, ansible, some FTL communication, etc?  Is the
>>official(tm) method courier boat?
>
>I don't think there is any "official" method, but my vote's for courier
>drones (Mass 4, engines, computer, and that's it).
>

>Schoon

In my exceedingly "unofficial" (well, it's official to me, dammit...)
background, I use a derivation of the FTL jump drive to allow unreliable

FTL communication.  Another race uses a Telepathic Network, yet another
uses courier drones....

And I agree that this last idea seems to be the most sensible for the
GZGverse.  It fits with the feel of the bbackground.  I would add,
however, the thought that the less advanced nations would probably use
manned couriers, rather than drones.  Again, it feels right.  Plus, it
would allow for some interesting scenarios.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: GZGL FT Fast FTL drives. Next: Re: [FT] Cap Missile movement in FB turn sequence?