Prev: RE: Plastic Models and Acrylics. Next: RE: Plastic Models and Acrylics.

Re: Plastic Models and Acrylics.

From: "Geo-Hex" <geohex@m...>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:37:18 +0000
Subject: Re: Plastic Models and Acrylics.

> Date: 	 Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:28:00 -0600
> From: 	 "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu>
<gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
> Subject:	 Plastic Models and Acrylics.
> Reply-to:	 gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

Mark,

If the model is the hard plastic, then priming first with a spray
primer before painting should be OK.  If it is the "sweaty" type of
soft plastic (like Airfix figures), then a plastic prep should be
used.  Check stores that sell model kits for that.

KR

> Hello All:
>	I've been thinking of investing in a Revell B5 Space Station
model for
> use in Babylon 5 related games.  However, there is one thing that I
> dread.... painting with enamels.  Every time I use enamel paint on a
> model, I wind up ruining it no matter what I do.  I find acrylics are
> much easier to mix and control. I was wondering if anyone could
> recommend any techniques for painting plastic models with acrylics?
>
> --
> Happy Holidays,
> Mark A. Siefert
>
> E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		  WWW:
http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu

=

Prev: RE: Plastic Models and Acrylics. Next: RE: Plastic Models and Acrylics.