Prev: Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, structure of the N

[FT] Wave Gun usage in actual games . .

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:49:29 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [FT] Wave Gun usage in actual games . .

Greetings, all!

Has anyone actually *used* the wave gun effectively in MT or FB games?
I'm
curious because the only reference I've seen to a design with the WG is
in the
GZG/GenCon tournament, and it was never chosen when the MegaWeapon fleet
was
taken (everyone chose the two AA Megabeam version instead).

I'm trying to come up with a consistant 'theme' for my K'rathri fleet
using
the FB design rules, and an emphasis on Pulse Torps and Wave Guns seems
like a
nice fit with the K'rathrian "scream & leap" psychology.  However, I
don't
want to get too far down the design process if the WG is either
ineffective or
*too* effective (and therefore disallowed by most players <g>).
Opinions?

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, structure of the N