Prev: Re: [FT] IF Ship Design Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II,and the structure of the NAC (really long)

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:06:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II,and the structure of the NAC (really long)

> Alaska and Hawaii - direct entry into NAC 'cause of geographic
isolation
> (tho' you might say that Alaska is subsumed into the "Canada" region,
by
> virtue of location)

Hawaii used to be a kingdom, so that makes sense.

> North East Region - The New England states, New York, Pennsylvania,
New
> Jersey, Maryland, DC, etc.

Perhaps, under English influence, we could call this whole mess of
Yankees
something like "the New England Directorate".

> South East Region - the Virginias, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia,
> Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana???

The Confederacy!  And there is no such thing as "the Virginias".  Just
Virginia: the Old Dominion, Mother of Presidents.  West-by-God Virginia
(which seceded from Virginia during the War Between The States) would
probably go wherever Ohio goes.  I am somewhat doubtful about Arkansas
but
that may be a reaction to the former governor.

> Florida - direct entry 'cause of majority Hispanic population, and it
> doesn't quite fit "the South"
>
> Texas - direct entry 'cause, well, it's Texas...

and direct exit shortly thereafter, same reason.

Prev: Re: [FT] IF Ship Design Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units