Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT] IF Ship Design

Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:47:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units

>  Mutatuwwi'a: Volunteer Religious Fanatics.  Light infantry mounted in
>  trucks.  Really enthusiastic, but not that competent.  Only redeeming
>  virtue is there's a lot of them.

And you can point them at anything, say "go get it", and they'll go.
They
may not win, mind you, but they'll charge.

> John...at the lower levels (and most likely mid levels too) I would
think
that
> wheeled and tracked (mostly wheeled) combat vehicles would be
predominant.
> Grav & Gev are expensive to build and tough to maintain. Tracked are
too,
but
> to a lesser degree.

Ah, but roads are REALLY expensive to build & maintain, and grav
vehicles
will float off the sand ( or other terrain).

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT] IF Ship Design