Prev: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, structure of the NAC Next: Re: FT/DS/SG Obi Wan GZG

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:15:28 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

>A funny side note, but up until the early eighties Texas had their own
>National Guard Airborne brigade, (the 30th). I often wonder what would
>happen if states got into fights with eachother. A common fantasy is
the
>RhodeIsalnd/Conenecticut hegemnoy vs the People's Republic of
Massachusetts.
>They have a mech division (about two thirds complete) and a USAR inf
>battalion or two, a helicopter battalion (hueys) , plus the better part
of a
>Marine rifle regiment (reserve) and a few SF teams.
>
>However, CT has a pair of inf battalions with two arty brigades
(including
>one from RI), an engineer brigade (w/ RI) and an A10 squadron and a
chinook
>sqaudron. RI has an SF company, a ranger company, a reserve Seal team
(Half
>RI, half Mass) an MP brigade, and a cavalry squadron including a
company of
>Cobras and a squadron of c130s to do all the specops insertions. Of
course
>if we call in the active duty posts, then you are talking Groton and a
>couple of Trident missle subs and a slew of 688s and a Seawolf on
trials, os
>that's pretty mucha  wrap.
>
>In fact when I draw up training operations I usually use that
scenario....

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I've had the same kind of thoughts, though from a distance, myself.  You
know, the Governor of one state doesn't like what the Governor of the
state
over is doing, calls out the National Guard, etc...  I've always
wondered
how far a State Governor could go.

Up here in the frigid north, our meek reserves are under Federal control
the whole time - they can be called out to give aid to the civil power,
but
never at the order of our Provincial governments - though they can (and
have) asked for Federal military aid.

Prev: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, structure of the NAC Next: Re: FT/DS/SG Obi Wan GZG