Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC (really long) Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure of the NAC (really long)

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:34:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Oh dear.  I kind of knew I should have sent my commentary as a separate
response to Jonathan Jarred's from a couple of days ago.  Thomas'
are half directed at things Jonathan said, and half directed at things I
said.  And my comments were responses to his original post, and were
supposed to be taken in context WITH his comments.  Too confusing, I
guess.

Some of my commentary is potentially quite unlikely given the *present*
situation here in good ole Canada - but that wasn't really the point.
If
you read his original post - I think it was vastly more unlikely (and, I
believe, written with a certain degree of tongue-in-cheek... as was
mine,
though it grew into a "real" commentary).

Remember too, that much of this "story" takes place several decades from
now.  Yes there are enormous problems to deal with in the Quebec issue,
particularly in regart to the First Nations peoples.  This isn't,
however,
a forum for a really deep debate on Candian politics in the 21st
century.
What I wrote was, as I pointed out in another posting, rather utopian
and
convenient.  I fully admit to taking "artistic liberty" with "reality".
But to be quite honest, much of the GZG future timeline is rather
unlikely
- we're collectively writing   a story, so fiction is ok.

<snip the massive text that followed>