Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure of the NAC (really long)

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:46:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure of the NAC (really long)

At 11:57 AM 11/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Adrian Johnson wrote:
>
>> and geographical   factors.	The old State organization of the US is
>> disolved, with several exceptions: The new areas include New England,
The
>> Great Lakes Region, The Carolinas, Florida, Texas, California, the
South
>> West, the Rocky Mountain States, and the Great Central Plains.  Each
area

>You're missing great hunks of the US.	Virginia, WVa, Maryland,
>Kentucky, etc, etc, etc.

The idea was that the old states become subsumed into a few larger
administrative areas.  The names I proposed were purely for convenience
in
getting the idea across - it doesn't really matter what they're called.
All the states (except Hawaii and Alaska, which I forgot about) fit into
these - I did actually pull out a map.	"The Carolinas" and "Florida"
would
include most of "the South", for example.  You could call it "The South"
if
you like.  I didn't forget about any part of the US.

>You also have to incorporate all of South and Central America.  This
>isn't just one big happy Anglo family with marginal numbers of
>Hispanics.  They probably outnumber non-Hispanic Whites.  Brazil alone
>today has 155,822,400 inhabitants, more than twice the population of
the
>UK, and they all speak Portugese!
>
>John M. Atkinson

Except that South and Central America weren't part of the NAC from the
beginning - and as I suggested somewhere in that huge post, I figured
that
my ideas covered the NAC during its initial formative period.  The next
chapter or two would cover stuff like the NAC growing, getting off
planet,
etc etc.  I suggested that Spanish and French be a recognized part of
the
NAC from the beginning *because* it ends up taking a substantial Spanish
speaking population in both at the beginning and later.

Adrian

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles