Prev: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: Re: [FT] IF Ship Design

Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:46:50 -0800
Subject: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units

Seems the IF project has the Fleet well under way, so let me bring up
the subject of ground units.

I see the bulk of the Islamic Federation's troops as basically local
defense militia.  Lightly armed, few vehicles.

Then we have the local Emir's troops.  Some good quality, some not so
good, emphasis on light vehicles, possibly GEVs w/ HVCs/RFACs.

Then we have the Islamic Federation Land Forces (IFLF).  No size 4+
vehicles, and a lot of the vehicles they have will be fairly lightly
armored.  Fast GEVs will predominate.  Troops quality will be
indifferent at best.  Out of these will also be formed the Revolutionary
Guards Corps, which is higher quality and better equipped, although the
leadership tends to be selected for political reliablity rather than
anything else (Orange 3s!).  Primary function of the RGC is to deal with
any Emirs which get too independance-minded.

Then various special formations:

Ghulams: Turkish medium Grav armored vehicles.	Best elements of the
entire armed forces.
Mutatuwwi'a: Volunteer Religious Fanatics.  Light infantry mounted in
trucks.  Really enthusiastic, but not that competent.  Only redeeming
virtue is there's a lot of them.
Maghriba: Lybian light grav tanks.
'Abid: Mercenaries from the PAU.  High quality heavy infantry
Zanj: Sudanese light infantry of good quality.
Afghans: Light Infantry from hell--not only are they really, really,
good, but they ignore movement modifiers for mountains and hills.

Any comments?  (Tony?)

Prev: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: Re: [FT] IF Ship Design