Prev: RE: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Structure of the NAC

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:49:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Structure of the NAC

Jared spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> We end up with each region (Canada, UK, four or five mega-states in
the US,
> plus others as they join later ?? - and perhaps the colony worlds as
they
> become viable) each controling things like education, health care,
local
> administration, cultural affairs, etc etc etc and having taxation
power -
> like the Canadian provinces do now - with the NAC parliament taking
control
> of only a few BIG areas (foreign affairs, national defense,
international
> trade, etc).

The point here being that the Crown or the NAC parliament (presumably
still heavily influenced by its UK roots) has the power to declare
wars and send troops to them. This means that the individual powers
(ie Canada) no longer send their own troops out on their own
initiative to do things like UN missions.

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: RE: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT