Prev: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT Next: Re: [FT] Keeping "Old" RGs

Re: [FT] Keeping "Old" RGs

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 09:03:31 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Keeping "Old" RGs

Tim Jones wrote:

> ><Ummm, not really a valid argument as SMLs are bad news,
> >Capital Missiles are bad news and PTs are bad news.
>
> I was basing the observation on John A's latest play test report
> where they felt this was the case and wanted to tone them down.

Capital Missles can miss or be shot down, SMLs can miss, fail to lock
on, or be shot down, and pulse torps can be miss.  SGs are garunteed d6
damage points--salvoing 4-6 of them can ruin someone's day.  There are
no other 100% garunteed sure things as far as causing damage is
concerned, where neither luck nor skill can save you.  We felt that it
is nearly impossible to stay out of 12", but six inches is somewhat
easier to manage.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT Next: Re: [FT] Keeping "Old" RGs