Prev: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: RE: Fleet Book question

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure of the NAC (really long)

From: "Buji Kern" <mrbuji@w...>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 00:33:44 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure of the NAC (really long)

[snip]
>OK - as to suggestions...:   <pulling out US map and switching on US
>history memory from university...>
>
>Alaska and Hawaii - direct entry into NAC 'cause of geographic
isolation
>(tho' you might say that Alaska is subsumed into the "Canada" region,
by
>virtue of location)

Hmm...

>North East Region - The New England states, New York, Pennsylvania, New
>Jersey, Maryland, DC, etc

Could also be called "The Eastern Seaboard" I guess... possibly more
appropriate since Maryland is hardly 'North'.

>South East Region - the Virginias, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia,
>Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana???

Yeah.

>Florida - direct entry 'cause of majority Hispanic population, and it
>doesn't quite fit "the South"

Hm. Possibly, yes.

>Texas - direct entry 'cause, well, it's Texas...

No doubt about that, I've been there... but does FCT control Texas on
Terra?
Or just colonies?  I mean, are the states of California and Texas
independent of the NAC?

>South West Region - Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico -
>majority population Hispanic

Sounds good.

>North West Region - Washington, Oregon, Northern California

Ah, good! I would put Idaho in here though. I think Idaho identifies
more
with the NW than the 'great plains'.

>Great Plains Region - Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, Minnesota,
>Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Utah (?) tho' maybe Utah goes in
the
>South West...

No, Utah would be in here IMHO. See above about Idaho.

>Great Lakes Region - Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio
>

>So - you end up with 10 separate regions joining the NAC at the same
time.
>Remember what these are for - they aren't separate "countries", but
have a
>greater degree of independence in some areas than do present US states
or
>Canadian provinces.

>These names are completely generic.  And uninteresting.  Suggestions???

Perhaps, for the NW region, something completely silly like Pacifica? Of
course, Idaho doesn't have a Pacific shoreline, but I still think it
should
be a part of the NW region. Hm, Pacifica sounds kind of cool actually.

-Buji

Prev: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: RE: Fleet Book question