Prev: Re: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon) Next: Re: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)

Re: [DS] Why play DS?

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@u...>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 14:01:33 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Why play DS?

I was intimidated by DS (and SG) when I first read them. However,
the rules necessarily cover almost any eventuality, and these
rarely occur in one game. The basic mechanics are quite simple,
and the addition of one or two addition elements (Orbital
insertion, EW or whatever) doesn't slow things down at all.

If you add things in a little bit at a time, soon you'll be
playing with every rule in the book, not using it for reference,
and playing several games in an evening. . .

At least, that's what happened to me.

Paul